This weekend was a strange mix- like that party mix you buy at the dep, except not the delicious one, the one with too many pretzels. And we can argue until we’re blue in the face- but let’s be honest here… pretzels are terrible.
I can’t pinpoint the reasons that I felt lackluster about the whole weekend- on paper it was grand:
- Pool party with the cousins for a 12th birthday
- Quiet neighborhood day, complete with a trip to a new market, the park and our local coffee spot for late breakfast
- This lovely wine, enjoyed while watching The Bachelorette Season Finale- and I drank the whole thing thank-you-very-much!
- Rekindling my love affair for the broken Marilyn, thanks to Michelle Williams in this charming movie.
- Cleaning the fridge and sleeping through this- aka the WORST MOVIE TO EVER WIN AN OSCAR!
- Spending some quality time with Luca while Mateo spends the week with the In Laws. No matter how you dice it, when you get rid of one, the volume of our life goes down very quickly!
- Loving my Evernote weekly system: where I have my To Do Lists in one handy weekly note
- Feeling a bit overwhelmed with all the little odds bits and ends I need to tie up in the house and in my life
- Spending a really nice almost 6k with Jacquie
- Finding my favorite kind of tennis rackets along the way
But sometimes you feel a bit blah, even when you have no real reason to. Here’s to a better week (I have 2/3 of my kids at home AND no lunches to make- so already my week is amazing!)